For more information and updates, contact Mid-Atlantic Coaches Committee Chair and School Director, Rogers Glispy at RGlispy@ccp.edu
Level 1 – Local
Mid Atlantic’s In-Person Level 1 School is returning to the Philadelphia on Sept. 30th to Oct. 2, 2022 (date subject to change)
The course will be held at the Community College of Philadelphia
Level 1 – National
All National In-Person and Remote and Recertification courses: https://www.usatf.org/programs/coaches/level-1-and-recertification-information
Calendar of Schools (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3)
Coaches Registry (Find a USATF Certified Coach): https://www.usatf.org/programs/coaches/coaches-registry
Note: This course is a National course, its just held on our region.
The USATF Registered Coaches Program was conceived to establish a set of standards for all coaches affiliated with USA Track & Field. The program involves a four-pronged process, which results in a published list of coaches who have demonstrated the ethics, honesty, and trustworthiness necessary for endorsement by the national governing body. The centerpiece of the process is a comprehensive Safe Sport Handbook that focuses on only the highest ethical and honorable standards. Registered Coaches also carry with them the rights and privileges available only to those within the registry. These benefits may include:
- Discounts for premier seminars and coaching education programs
- Registered Coach credential at USA National Championships
- Selection to international team staff
- Selection for Coaching Enhancement Grants
- Involvement in USATF High-Performance Programs
- Compensation from USATF or USOC athlete support programs
To become registered a coach must complete the application process which includes the steps outlined below.
- Be a current USATF member
- List current coaching affiliation in the application process
- Accept and adhere to the SafeSport Handbook
- Pass the USATF background screen
To begin the process of being a coach, please visit the background screening page of the USATF website.