USATF MID-ATLANTIC 2023 GRAND PRIX AND CLUB CHALLENGE
Grand Prix results will be posted on the standings and results page as soon as possible after the official results from each race are available and scored.
For more information: Contact: Billy Wright
- Participants in the circuit must complete the respective entry forms for each race in which they wish to compete. Unreadable race entries that prove unreadable or contain missing information (e.g., age or gender) shall be considered void for purposes of the circuit.
- MA-USATF members who pre-register for a circuit event by the initial deadline may be able to get a discount from the stated entry fee. Eligible circuit races may set up a “coupon code” for MAUSTF members to avail themselves of the discount via online registration. Refer to the Grand Prix Events page on the USATF Mid-Atlantic website for the code for each race as they are established.
- Individuals competing in the circuit must be registered as a USATF athlete members before their performances will be scored. All USATF registrations/renewals are now being done online. Runners must register/renew before their race to be scored.
- Individuals who register through another association shall not be eligible for circuit scoring until their membership transfer request has been received by the Mid-Atlantic membership chair.
- Individuals shall be scored for age–group and age-graded competition. See the scoring section below for details.
- The final weekend (Phila Marathon, Half Marathon, or Rothman 8K) offers athletes the option to select an event based on the athlete’s preferred racing distance. Athletes will score in all categories (age group and age-graded) for all completed distances.
- The circuit offers Mid-Atlantic clubs a team challenge independent of the individual competition. See the Club Challenge rules on the MA-USATF website or contact the Grand Prix coordinator for details.
- Each of the races on the circuit retains the right to manage its entries, to determine whether to offer prize money and to operate its own award ceremony. This Grand Prix Circuit will operate “after the fact” by using the official race results to determine overall standings.
Scoring the Circuit
- The 2020 Masters Age-Graded Tables developed by World Masters Athletics (WMA), will be used to score results in each race. Each finisher’s time will be divided into the standard for his/her age and gender; this calculation produces a performance percentage used in the Age-Graded competition. USATF Age Grade calculator https://www.usatf.org/resources/statistics/calculators
- For the Individual Age Graded competition, scoring will be the sum of each runner’s best 6 Age-Graded percentage scores. The top ten men and women will receive awards.
- The circuit will also feature an Age-Group competition. Athletes compete in 5-year age groups beginning at age 15 based on their age on the date of their first Grand Prix event of the year and remain in that age group for the remainder of the year. The top 3 age-graded performances within each age group will earn 5, 3, and 1 points respectively. Athletes must complete at least three (3) Grand Prix races in the current year to be eligible for an Age Group award. Awards are calculated based on the sum of all points earned that year.
- Individuals who compete in all 11 race events shall be given a special recognition award.
Disclaimer of Liability.
USATF Mid-Atlantic, its officers, members, and any or all sponsors of this Grand Prix circuit disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury, loss, or damages arising from your participation in this circuit. You assume full responsibility for being physically healthy and having sufficiently trained to enter races on this circuit and accept all risks, if any, consequent to your decision to participate in these races. Further, your participation in this circuit testifies to your permission for free use by USATF Mid-Atlantic, circuit sponsors, and each race in the circuit of our name and picture in any broadcast, telecast, or print media account of the circuit.