Off-Road results will be posted as soon as possible after the official results from each race are available and scored.
For more information:
Download the 2023 Off Road Brochure.
2023 Off Road Club Challenge Rules
The off-road series has been created to offer USA Track & Field Mid-Atlantic members a competitive alternative to road racing. The series seeks to introduce runners to different off-road races, i.e. trail running and XC. Our emphasis is on competition among club teams, but unattached USATF-MA members are welcome to compete.
RULES OF THE SERIES:
- Participants in the series must complete the respective entry forms for each race in which they wish to compete. Race entries that prove unreadable or are missing vital information (e.g. age or gender) shall be considered void for purposes of the series.
- Individuals competing in the series must be registered as a current USA Track & Field Mid- Atlantic member before their performances will be scored. Membership registration/renewal online is at usatf.org
- Individuals who register through another association shall not be eligible for series scoring until their membership transfer request has been received by the Mid-Atlantic membership chair.
- Each of the races in the series retains the right to manage its entries, determine whether to offer prize money, and operate its own award ceremony. The Off-Road Series will function “after the fact” by using the official race results to determine overall individual and team standings for each event and the series.
- The series also offers Mid-Atlantic clubs a team challenge independent of the individual competition. See the Off-Road Series Club Challenge Rules or contact the series coordinator for details.
SCORING THE SERIES:
- The WMA 2020 Masters Age-Graded tables will be used to score results in each race. These scores will be used to rank performances in the Individual Series and Club Challenge.
- The series features Age-Group competition for individuals. Athletes compete in age groups 19-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 & 70+ based on their age on the date of their first Off-Road Series event of the year. The top 3 age-graded performances in each age group will earn 5, 3, and 1 points respectively for each event.
- Series standings are the sum of all event points earned that year. The top 3 individual finishers in age group male and female divisions will receive awards. Individual runners must participate in a minimum of 3 races to be eligible for awards.
- Individuals who compete in all race events shall be given a special recognition award.
Off-Road Club Challenge Rule summary:
- Scoring: up to 5 club members
- The team score is the club’s best 6 of 9 events in 2023 (3 lowest scores dropped).
- More details are here: 2023 Off Road Club Challenge Rules
Off-Road Club Challenge Cash Awards:
- 1st Place — $650
- 2nd Place — $500
- 3rd Place — $400
- 4th Place — $300
- 5th Place — $200
Find us on Facebook: USATF Mid-Atlantic Off-Road Series
Disclaimer of Liability:
USA Track & Field Mid-Atlantic, its officers, members, and any or all sponsors of this off-road series disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury, loss, or damages arising from your participation in this series. You assume full responsibility for being physically healthy and having sufficiently trained to enter races in this series and accept all risks, if any, consequent to your decision to participate in these races. Further, your participation in this series testifies to your permission for free use by USA Track & Field Mid-Atlantic, series sponsors, and each race in the series of your name and picture in any broadcast, telecast, or print media account of the series.