Qualifier for 2023 USATF Junior Olympic Cross-County Championships, December 9, Louisville, KY
Date: Sunday, November 5, 2023
Location: Belmont Plateau in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, PA
- Races will start at 10 a.m.
- Packet pickup at 8 a.m.
- Course walkthrough at 8:30 a.m.
***Time schedule is approximate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants. Runners in any age division may be combined.***
Registration & Deadlines:
• Registration: entry must be completed through Athletic.com Click here
- Entry Deadline: Friday, November 3 at 5:45 p.m. (NO LATE OR RACE DAY ENTRIES).
• Entry Fee: $10.00 per athlete (team entries – no charge).
• Only online entries will be accepted (NO MAIL-IN REGISTRATIONS).
• Online waiver must be signed by the appropriate individual.
Age Groups and Race Distances:
|Age Groups and Race Distances:||Approximate Start Times:|
||2 km (1.24 miles)*||10:00 a.m. boys / 10:15 a.m. girls|
||3 km (1.86 miles)*||10:30 a.m. boys / 10:45 a.m. girls|
||3 km (1.86 miles)*||11:00 a.m. boys / 11:20 a.m. girls|
||4 km (2.48 miles)*||11:40 a.m. boys / 12:00 p.m. girls|
||5 km (3.1 miles)*||12:40 p.m. boys / 12:50 p.m. girls|
||5 km (3.1 miles)*
|12:40 p.m. boys / 12:50 p.m. girls|
Teams and Team Scoring:
• Only registered USATF Mid-Atlantic member clubs may enter a team.
• All athletes representing the club must be affiliated with that club as part of their USATF membership.
• To enter a team, a club must complete the team entry/declaration process during online registration.
• Only athletes listed on the team declaration roster will be eligible to represent the club at the Association, Regional or National Championships.
- All members who wish to be attached to and compete with a team must do so by the Association Championship.
• Eight (8) athletes on the team entry/declaration form may be declared as scoring athletes. The top 5 finishers among the declared runners will score.
Advancement to the USATF National Junior Olympic Cross Country Championships:
• The Region II will not host a Championship Cross-Country meet this year. Athletes will be advanced directly from the Mid-Atlantic Association meet to the National Championship meet.
• Top 15 individuals and top 2 teams from the Association Meet advance to the USATF National Youth XC Championshipson Saturday, December 9, Louisville, KY
Request for waiver:
- Any competitor who doesn’t not compete in the Association Championship and wishes to compete in the National JO Cross Country Championship must submit a waiver request by the close of the on-time registration for the Association Championship.
- Athletes who compete in their State High School Championships meet may be advanced to the National Championships if the Association Championships conflict with the State meet. Conflict means both meets are held within 48 hours of the other. Athletes must submit a waiver request to the Association by the close of the on-time registration for the Association Championship
- In the event a competitor is injured, and that injury is medically documented between the close of on-time registration and the start of their division of competition, submit a waiver request and documentation to support the injury.
- The waiver document must be in accordance with rule 306.1(i)
- USATF Junior Olympic medals will be awarded to the top 15 individuals in each age division/gender division*. *15-16 and 17-18 will race together. Individuals will still be awarded for finishing in their respective place within the 15-16 and 17-18 age groups. For team scoring the age groups will be combined and the top 10 will advance.
Competition Bib Numbers:
- All competitors must wear their assignment bib numbers during the competition, chest-high on front of their jerseys.
- Bib numbers will be distributed to athletes at the at registration table.
- Age Division – A competitor must compete in his/her age division only. Age divisions are determined by year of birth (see above) and NOT age on event day. There will be no “moving up”.
- Date of Birth Verification – Each athlete’s date or birth must be verified and included as part of their USATF member profile before the athlete’s entry can be submitted. If the athlete’s date of birth has been verified in the past and their membership renewed, then they will be able to submit their entry. Proof of Birth (copy of birth certificate, passport, certified baptismal record, drivers’ license, or U.S. government identification) needs to be uploaded to the athlete’s USATF CONNETCT profile. See USATF Competition Rules, Rule 300.1 (i) for further information. Click here
- USATF Youth Membership – this meet is open to 2023 USATF Mid-Atlantic Youth members athletes who fall within the age division listed above. Memberships can be obtained Here
- Citizenship – Only U.S citizenships, aliens living in the United States and foreign exchange students are eligible or compete in these Championships.
- See the USATF Rules for more information and exceptions. Click here
- Protests relating to matters which developed during the conduct of the competition must be made to the Referee at once and no later than one hour after a result has been announced.
- The fee to file a protest is $50. The fee will be returned if the protest is upheld.
- Please note under USATF Rule 119.4 when considering the use of video/photo footage for protests.